- DISCLAIMER OF CONFIDENTIALITY. This agreement and the information in it are provided in confidence, for the sole purpose of providing a quality boat charter service, and may not be disclosed to any third party or used for any other purpose without the expressed written permission of THE CLIENT(S) or CUSTOMER(S).
2.1 Confirmed Bookings: Cancellation of confirmed booking with more than 30-day notice from travel starting date does not Apply any Penalty Charge; Notice of Cancellations with less than 30 days but more than 7 days from travel starting date applies a 50% of the Total Charter Cost (TCC) and a 7 day or less Notice of Cancellation or “No Show” apply a 100% of the TCC and no refund will be issued, unless Extraordinary Circumstances are the reason causing the Cancellation. In the case of Extraordinary Circumstances, any refund will be determined under the criteria of Nautical Obsession Charters based on the General Rule among Nautical Tourism Service Providers.
2.2 Holiday & Selected Dates: There will be no refunds for cancelations during long weekends, special holidays, Easter week, and, from December 22nd through January 7th.
3. LATE DEPARTURES: Boat charter time counts upon scheduled departure, whether the passengers are yet onboard or not. If there is a late departure due to delay of one or several passengers, the trip will be completed according to the remaining time of the charter.
4. CRUISING SPEED. Boat Charters will be operated according to the stated Cruising Speed in the Brochure or Description sheet of each Vessel; they may vary according to the Design, Boat Length or Type and Water Activity chosen. Therefore, Trips which demand a higher cruising speed by the customer may apply additional charges according to the fuel consumption cost and/or time not covered on the regular charter basis.
5. PAYMENT: The Charter must be fully paid before departure, otherwise the trip will be canceled and no refund will be issued.
6. WEATHER: The boat goes out regardless of the weather, rain or shine, UNLESS the Port or Sea Navigation is closed or restricted; if navigation is allowed within the bay, the route plan and destinations will be shortened or adjusted to match a charter, and a refund will be issued for the difference paid if applicable. Rain does not constitute grounds for cancellation or rescheduling in most scenarios. If the Port is Closed or Sea Navigation is restricted due to an extreme weather condition such as a hurricane, lightning storm or tornado or whenever it is dangerous to be in the water, Nautical Obsession Charters reserves the right to reschedule the charter with no additional charge or penalty.
7. REFUNDS & RESCHEDULES: The Captain has the final decision in determining if a charter must be rescheduled or canceled due to the conditions mentioned above and a full or partial refund may apply according to each circumstance. There will be no refunds due to seasickness at any time of the trip; once the vessel has returned to Port, any further departure the same day is considered an independent charter and service.
8. LIABILITY ABOARD: Clients accept liability for damages or loss of equipment due to negligence and an open credit card voucher or security deposit will be required when signing a service contract. All the vessels of Nautical Obsession Charters fleet are responsible for the security and safe transportation of its passengers and offer a Full Coverage Passengers Liability Insurance for every operated charter. Passengers must strictly follow the Captains orders and crew instructions to participate in a safe trip.
9. CHILDREN LIABILITY: Children aboard are supervised by crew members most of the time, nevertheless they travel under the responsibility and strong supervision of their Parents or other adults on board, in the sea and on land. Therefore, Nautical Obsession Charters accepts no liability on this matter.
10. EXTRA HOURS. Additional hours to the excursion can be requested to the Ship’s Captain or Crew during the Trip and before the Vessel returns to the dock. In order to provide the best Service and Trip itinerary on every Charter, we highly recommend you to Inform us either through your Concierge or Travel Agent of any possible changes prior to your trip date / Boarding. The Cost for any additional hours may vary according to each Vessel, whether Fishing, Sailing boat or Yacht and the mode of the trip in the Itinerary (Anchored or Cruising). We recommend asking the captain any questions ahead of time.
11. ALCOHOL & BEHAVIOR: The Ship’s Captain has full authority to cancel the trip if any passenger’s behavior is jeopardizing the integrity of the vessel or the safety of its occupants by means of improper or incoherent actions contrary to the service the ship is been chartered for. In this case, there will be no refund and, if applicable, the Captain may have the obligation to notify the Harbor Master if, during the trip, any illegal activity is taking place by any of its passengers.
12. DRUGS & WEAPONS: It is the policy of Nautical Obsession Charters to prohibit the possession and/or use of drugs and weapons onboard of any of our vessels. Any possession or use of drugs and/or weapons by our passengers during the trip will result in the immediate return at the client’s expense and authorities will be notified.
13. SHIP CABINS. Both bathrooms and ship cabins are NON SMOKING PLACES. During the trip, their use is prohibited for illegal activities such as: Use of drugs and/or weapons, sex with minors, improper manners not specified within this agreement which, in general, may totally or partially damage the reputation of Nautical Obsession Charters, or the current boat state: furniture, decorative items, upholstery, electronic devices, carpets, mirrors or props aboard. The cost of missing items and/or repairing damaged ones will be at client’s expense.
14. PETS. Pets are not allowed on board most of our vessels; please ask your concierge or travel agent prior to making a booking.
15. PRICES. Some vessels' rate may vary according to specific high season dates or a trip schedule, such as Christmas Eve (Dec.24th), Christmas Day (Dec. 25th), New Year's Eve, January 1st, or, a special night event in the Sea when it is scheduled after 9PM.
16. FISHING TRIPS. Time of departure during rainy season (May through Oct) is subjected to sea visibility at dawn, sunrise time, distance to pick up spot and the requested fishing trip (4, 6, 8hrs,…). This is due to the high risk of boat damage if hitting unseen floating objects, dragged down by rivers to the sea during heavy or continuous rains, which cause most of the last minute boat failures and accidents reported, turning into boat no-show, big delays and/or constant reschedules when applicable. Clients and travel agents, as well as concierges, should have in mind that communication between the crew and the client is a must during the early hours of the day, otherwise, the client must be provided with a phone number of our operative staff in charge of dispatching their trip or vice versa. Our reservations’ agent will inform the best departing time for your trip depending on the situation.
17. OTHERS. Nautical Obsession Charters reserves the right to change this policy at any time. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party. If you have any questions or doubts about our policies, please contact us for further information.